Monday, June 16, 2008

The begining of a blogger

Well this is my first post as a blogger. I am no sure how this will all turn out, but as time goes on hopefully each post (not counting this one; it is my first) will get better. So bare with me as I start this little adventure in the virtual world.

As you see to the right that little slide show is where I get to show case my scrapbook art. I believe that is going to be the very best part. I get to make my very own art gallery. It will be all about me. Now, tell me how great is that. I have also decided to dive into ATC Card swapping. So, wish me luck in not embarrassing myself as I join their ranks.

Not sure why I wanted to start this whole blogging, scrapbook idea. Other than a way to say to the world that I inhabited this spot. I lived, I loved, I mourned, I celebrated while I had my time here on this planet. I believe I became more interested in sharing things recording things about those I love when I lost my nephew Heath. It was a right hook in the face that those I love will not always be here. That I will not always have tomorrow to say I love you, you made me angry, to know with out doubt that those I love will be right where I left them.

I want to share why I scrapbook. What brought me to this particular art form of recording life. Now, I posted this to a web site already when asked why I scrapbook. But, I want to have it posted to MY site. I want everyone who takes the time out of their busy day to read my posts how very important it is to take a moment and record the everyday moments you have with those you love. Everyday moments are not just everyday. They are our master piece. Our "art" for lack of a better word that adds weight to what we share and have with those we choose to surround ourselves with.

The importance of scrapbooking came to me only 3 years ago last April. The 25Th of April to be exact. It was the day I lost my nephew Heath. I know many people have lost someone close to them. But, I was one of the lucky ones before that day. I had never lost anyone other than Grandparents; though sad understandable. I guess most of us see it as a natural progression of life. We being lucky enough to have them in our lives to learn from and just enjoy the unconditional love they offer.

I not being able to have children was given unconditional access to Heath. My sister and I being sisters had our fights, disagreements and petty jealous that come with being siblings. The day she had Heath she gave me a gift that was straight from GOD. She said that Heath was not only hers but mine as well. I would have unconditional access to him as if he was my own. True to her word that was that.

I fell in love with one of the oldest looking elf's anyone had ever seen on December 28Th 1994. Looking into his eyes was the day I understood what people meant when the term "old soul" is said to describe a person. Heath was one of the wrinkliest little humans I had every seen, with eyes the size of saucers. I was in love.

I never once thought I would need to worry about too many photo's or writing down funny little things he said. There would always be tomorrow. I am now very much aware of time slipping by. Of each moment needing to be recorded in some way if it is significant to me.

Now, you may think this would be the end of the story. No, it is not. It was only a chapter. I may have lost Heath but through scrapbooking I relive those moments each time I put a page or mini book together. I may have forgotten some of the small things but those are few.

Understanding how things do not always stay as I think they should; I make sure I enjoy and record every moment that has significance to me with Heath's little brother. He has taught me that there are superheros. Heath was my anchor my serious little man examining everything around him. Deric is my superhero. Where Heath was the giver; Deric is the practical joker; there is always something to look forward to NO matter what. That may not seem like a superhero. But being reminded that every single day is a gift and we MUST cherish it is something a superhero does; at least in my eyes.

This hobby has shown me that the everyday is not little but HUGE. That each day is wonderful and there is joy and to take that joy and hold it; because it can be gone tomorrow. It is those little moments that are and will become the most precious of all. It is not the big days; Christmas, birthday's etc. It is the every day moments. So Love the everyday and believe in superhero's they are out there you just have to look around you. You just might have one in your family. I am lucky I was given two.

Now, off to bed for me. I hopefully did not bore you to badly with my first post.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Wow... you have opened my eyes. Made me think. I am so saddened by your story. Thank you for explaining your thoughts on scrapbooking and recording life's moments; all of them. You have hit home in a way I have not experienced before. I am off to dust my camera. I am very grateful. Thank you. A xxx

Adrienne said...

Sorry - I was logged into my son's account and did not realise!