Monday, September 22, 2008

mojo has reappeared

I know it has been quite sometime since I last posted. I had lost my creative mojo; and seemed to be to fixated on anything but my art. I have been looking for my mojo and can now say the hunt was successful. The search can be called off it has been found. Though I have tons of things to talk about to night I am going to focus on art. So I will show you a bunch of pictures of some of the things I have created since the capture of my mojo. I can say I am so very glad it is back. It has been quite a dry spell. I so hate that when it happens to because once it I am able to find it it over whelms me with all the stuff I want to create. So I end up not sleeping, simply not getting anything done around the house.









I was wandering around my local goodwill and found this little diamond in the rough. Now, I know what you are thinking; very deco in a desparate kind of way. But with a bit of paint, glue, and of course paper this little gem was turned into this. The knobs are 7 gypsies and I love them.




I am using it as my glitter cabinet. The picture above is the cabinet open showing off all the beautiful glitter. Isn't is darling. I liked it so much I have found a sweet little spice rack to convert into a button or more storage for glitter.
Now the cabinet was not the only thing I have been busy creating. I also have made another notebook; with "Life is worth celebrating" I love to make these sweet little notebooks out of composition notebooks and need no excuse to create them. I had some great paper from sis scrapbooking and some that I had in my stash that has life is worth celebrating written in circles. I so love the words, very inspirational.















The arrow is pointing to the word discover. The arrow was cut out of a piece of fabric and then I put the rubon "bliss" on top of the arrow. I loved this page I had ripped out of an old dictionary I had found at goodwill. I am telling you that store has a wealth of cool stuff.



I die cut several birds and stapled them together then placed a ribbon over the staple. Each little bird is a page that folds up and there are saying on each page.



I know this shiny paper makes it difficult to see the word on the flap, it says special.


The page above opens to reveal the background paper I painted. I am going to use the background paper to show case one or two pictures of those I love. Then once opened it has the numbers 1-5 the banner says "don't worry be happy". I will fill in the top 5 reason they are important to me.


For some reason the light is wanky, but this is a pocket that I can stick little momento's and or journaling cards. The tab says "my notes" and I added rinestones just for a bit of bling.


Again the lighting is wanky but in each circle I stamped inspirational words. The title says "Lazy Days". I also added a little chipboard butterfly. I believe everyone needs to take a few lazy days to enjoy all that we have. There is much to be thankful for. Taking a few minutes each day to journal and remember those little important moment of each day. Even if it's as simple as seeing the last of summer and summer butterflys.






2 comments:

riya said...

Wow! Your page is really cute. Even I am going to try such stuff on my notebook.

===================================
vinny
look4ward

morningDove said...

I love looking and reading about all your work - art and dog training.