Saturday, November 29, 2008

black friday

Well I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving and survived Black Friday. I ate to much as usual, and was up at 3:00 a.m. (thanks to my brother) to be in Yakima and in line at Best Buy by 4:00 a.m. But first, I have to tell you about what my lovely dog Murphy did. While I was gone and my husband Mike was on his way to go hunting, Murphy was able to snag my apple pie and finish it off. I was so not a happy camper. But, on a happy note he did not get my huckleberry pie. That would of been a true tragedy. Not only would it have stained and basically made a mess that clean up would of been a nightmare; but it is my favorite pie and I only get it once a year. Eating that pie would of probably gotten him a stay outside for a very long time. Moving on.

Black friday was not as bad as usual. I am not sure if it is because of the economy or because we decided to go into Yakima instead of the Tri-Cities. No matter which place we were I will say it was damn cold and people are funny. Of course I am including us in that sentence. How crazy is it to get up at 3:00 a.m. to be in line to buy stuff. Deals were good, but even if a deal is good it certainly does not mean you should indulge. But, of course I did. I even purchased a laptop I did not need because I got so caught up in the crowd mentality. A young gentlemen heard me saying how I was not looking forward to bring it back. He purchased it from me right then and there. Thanks goodness I so did not want to stand in line to return it. One disaster averted with very little mess (and Mike not finding out) that is so such a good thing.

During this weekend I have been busy working on some ATC cards for 3 swaps. I am so behind in creating these and getting my circle journal out. I am going to be taking a break from joining any other swaps. It is hard because they are so much fun to make but if I don't I will never get anything completed for Christmas. Not to mention getting my Etsy shop up and running.
The following cards are some of what I have been busy creating. I have really gotten into using beeswax. I also like using ink as a background. It makes the background very vintage and distressed. For the month of December I am going to be experimenting with different backgrounds. Gesso is also a very cool product. You can create so many different looks with it. Drop me an email and let me know what you think of the cards. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Have a great Sunday and following week.











No comments: