Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fat book technique

I have never been involved in a fat book before. So I was very excited when a swap came up on my group. These are some of the pages I did. My particular technique that I did for the book was crackle paint with beeswax for a vintage feel. A mouth full I know. I enjoyed doing the pages there was 15 in total. I am not going to show you every page but the images below are some examples.

The process is fun and easy. This is to get a very vintage feel to your work. I have to say most of my work is vintage. I like the look of something that has been around a while; been enjoyed and well loved.

I started out with water color paper that I painted with Lumiere paint. I used two different colors. Once the paint had dried I applied a crackle paint from Tim Holtz's line. Once that was dried I used chestnut and white chalks from color box. I used the white to highlight some of the cracks in the paint. I then used the chestnut color to go over the cracks to add more age. I also went around the side of the page. I then had card board cut the the side of the page that I adhered the pages to. That way each page was strong enough to be handled a lot. Then the back would be done in the technique but without any embellishments except for the directions. Once the pages where adhered to both side of the cardboard I then used the chestnut chalk again to go around the edges so the pages so there was no white showing. I then embellished one side sparingly, and the other with only the directions. Then after the images, rubons stamping was done I added beewax to the entire page; both front and back. The images came from Paper Imager Design.






The pages below are the only pages I did that used moon dust. After the crackle paint had dried I used a script stamp with perfect medium. Then dusted moon dust over the stamped area. The image was then applied as I did for all other pages as well as the beeswax.








If you have any question on this technique or what products that were used please email me and I will answer any questions you may have.

6 comments:

♥ Mel ♥ said...

Traci I never really did tell you that you do such beautiful work!!

paperqueen said...

I will have to try this technique. I am quite the technique junkie, and this one looks right up my alley. Thanks for posting it Trac!
Eileen

Sarah W said...

Tracy, fantastic. You must try and teach me from 12,000km away how to do the crackle paint thing. I just dont' get it. These pages are wonderful. Now I wish I was participating.

bloubell said...

Your pages are just lovely. Love the technique!!

Dragonlady said...

Your pages are wonderful, I like the crackle and beeswax techinque..
brenda

Linda said...

Nice pages, I love how the crackle paint looks.