Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting to know polymere clay

I have fallen in love with 3 D effect. The first few cards are using polymere clay then adding moon dust and or perfect pearls to bring out the design of the stamp. I like how a story can be interpreted for each viewer. It becomes more like a story instead of just a card to be viewed.

The above card I call "Solitude"

Lady Justice

This card I call "Self Comfort"

Now the cards below I did not use polymere clay to give me the 3 D effect instead I used the same picture on top of each other; being adhered with foam dots. Or just foam dots to make a figure stand out.

This above card is calle "Eve"
The below card I again used the foam dots to bring the "Queen" out.
The above card is "Queen of the Damn" opened. Below is the card's back.

I hope you will find some time when you make yours cards to add a 3 D effect or two. I believe it can take your card to the next level without a lot of trouble.

2 comments:

Mar said...

i LOVE all of them!!!!!!!!
i think the 3d effect brings such life to the pieces

awesome!! work

loriidae said...

Hi Tracy These are gorgeous. I particularly like Solitude. (I found you via Sarah's Class) Janet