Monday, May 11, 2009

Meyer-Imports

A few months ago meyer-imports put a call out to artist asking if they would create pieces using their product. I responded and was chosen to receive this pack.
Since they are better at describing their product I copied and pasted the description below of all that is included in this lovely box of goodies.

A little bit of this, a little bit of that..take this box and make something! In one easy to store box, you'll get some mushrooms, glass glitter, flatback gnomes, ladybugs, trees, deer and sooooo much more! Use for any papercraft project, cards, scrap booking..or for a sweet diorama or shadow box frame! Add just a bit of glue and you're ready to go!
Take and Make Crafting Kit 113Product #218-0113
Full Kit box measures approx 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"
Beautiful detailing, a wonderful item with old world precision workmanship.


I was also sent some lovely German scrap. I created a tag for my Mom on Mothers day using the beautiful spray of flowers.




To create this tag I used the following items.

The inspiration piece was the spray of flowers from meyer-imports
I used Tim Holtz's distress inks in several colors
Tags
One I cut to make a pocket for the pull out note
lots of ribbon
last but not least the letters

The piece below is a whimsical creation of fantasy. One of my favorite themes.

If you look below you will see the little gnomes, deer, reindeer moss, mushroom, key, mouse that are included in the kit. I also added a few other items.





To create this you will need a tin box.
The box of items from meyer-imports
A tin box the one I used can be purchased from most stores that you put gift cards in.
The background, moon, umbrella, and strawberry are from paper whimsy
rub on's
striped paper
glitter from ranger Enchanted gold was used on the moon
cream card stock for the sign
broken crystal glitter from meyer-imports also included in the kit
alcohol inks
flowers
I used the inks in various colors on the inside of the tin around the border. After each color I allowed them to dry. Does not take long a moment or two. I then glued the clip art on the back of the tin. I then cut striped paper to go around the tin on the outside. I cut an oval out of the cream card stock. I put on the rub on of my choice. Then using a tooth pick I put glue around the edges of the oval. Then I dipped it into the glitter. After it had dried I folded down the bottom part of the oval so I could glue it to the tin. I then glued the reindeer moss to the inside bottom of the tin. I embossed the moon and used foam dots to give it some 3 D effect. I then placed my deer and other items inside. I glued the fairy on; as a last touch I found some flowers I had on hand and used E6000 to adhere them to the tin.
If you have any question about this piece please email me.

2 comments:

morningDove said...

your little enchanted forest is wonderful. how exciting to be picked to bring to life new products.

Mar said...

this is delightful
so much packed into such a small space

enjoyed viewing this a LOT!