Saturday, July 25, 2009

Guardian series

Have you ever found yourself in a protective stage in your life. Whether you are feeling insecure or just over protective of self and those you love? Well I am in one of those. No idea what has brought this on.

As most of you know I love fantasy. In the next month I am going to explore this theme in a series of journal pages and ATC cards.

Below is the first page in this series, it is not completed by along shot. Since I have been asked to show my progress on some of my pieces I thought I would do that with this series. As I continue to work on this page I will up load pictures showing the creation. I am also in several circle journal groups so beware, those of you that are in them, this will probably be a theme you will be getting. I will also be doing ATC cards.



I have never done a series of anything. My style is fantasy, but I tend to try not to stay with one idea. But, since I cannot seem to get out of it I am going with it this time. If you have time drop me a note and let me know what you think. Tell me if you have ever done a series? How did it effect you? Were you able to work through what ever was bothering you? Or was it just a fun idea you enjoyed doing? Have a great weekend creating.

6 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

I LOVE this piece, Tracy! Your subtle colors and background texture make it mysterious and WONDERFUL!!!!!

purplepaint said...

Oh this is fabulous!!!

Elena said...

I absolutley LOVE what you are doing Tracy!!! A series like this owuld be awesome! I absolutely want this in my journals!!!!

paperqueen said...

Who wouldn't want such a thing? Dreamy and soft and mysterious. I love it!
Eileen

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Tracy!
THANK YOU for visiting my blog!!!! I'm glad you like my Laurel and Hardy card! I LOVE movie stars!! Have a GREAT week!!

Sarah Whitmire said...

Hi Tracy!
Love your images! I work in series a lot. Sometimes I am inspired by a story or a song or I'm just in a mood funk. I would encourage you to do what feels right to you and make the kind of art you want. Follow the feelings and see where they lead. You may be surprised what you learn. :)

*SOUL HUGS*

Sarah
www.caspiana.com
www.souljournaling.com