Thursday, September 24, 2009

Art Reflections

I have created some art journals that are a bit outside of my usual fantasy realm. I am liking the overly colorful as well. The page below is a reflection of me trying to bring more of a whimsical fun element to my pages.

I have to say this was one of the more difficult pages because I was trying to force the process. I finally relaxed and just played. Sometimes when we (myself) try to hurry or force something into our art it just will not work. Once you relax things seem to fall into place. I think at least for me, that is the most important thing. Play. When I try to force and "just get it done" nothing comes. It must be fun. This piece was fun and easy when I let the process take over.

Since I don't use words most of the time I need my pages to speak to me through the images I choose. When I choose an image that is not "saying" what I am feeling there is no way for it to come together.




What is your process for creating. Do you need words in your journal pages in order for them to work for you? How does the process of creating effect your art and what you create? Interesting questions. Let me know if you have a minute.
Now, create something. Make it speak to you. Your day will be all the better for it.

10 comments:

paperqueen said...

I don't absolutely need to use words, but often want to. I've always loved to write, so it seems natural to me.
I agree totally with what you said about not forcing the process. I try to approach everything, even something with a deadline as though it was just another creative experiment. As soon as I forget about who it's for, what the deadline is, blah blah blah, everything seems to flow.
I also find that working as though the finished product is for me helps a lot...frees me of worries about whether someone else will get it or even like it.
Eileen
Oh, and I almost forget to tell you that I think your pages for Lori are awesome!

lee said...

I Just MUST know how you do those amazing pastel backgrounds!
STUNNING!
Lee

Nelly said...

Yep, I'm with you about relaxing and not forcing or being stressed about what you're doing. It really does matter. I wish you would post a little tutorial on how you created these 2 pieces. They're just amazing!! Love to know how I can achieve something like that someday.

Lucy said...

Wow! I particularly love the bottom one! Everything is so soft and dreamy! Thanks for sharing!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Tracy!
THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I LOVE your work! These pieces are AWESOME!!!!!

freebird said...

Hi. I just came over from Blissfully Art Journaling to see your blog. Beautiful pages here. I sometimes write a lot and sometimes just a line to say what my page is about. If I don't, I won't remember later why I made it. Besides, I hope my grandkids will want to look through these later and words help them connect.

Jackie said...

I love these pages , they are awesome. I hope you feel better. I have been sick with the flu too and I am a baby too when I am:) I love your blog

Arteefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

This is quite special and wondeful!

rikae said...

I just loved looking at your blog.
what a talent, it's obvious to me that you "enjoy the ride"
my very best to you for being published. you deserve it!!!!!!
wish you well in body,mind and spirit......
Have a joyful 2010!!!!!!!
rikae

rikae said...

I just loved looking at your blog.
what a talent, it's obvious to me that you "enjoy the ride"
my very best to you for being published. you deserve it!!!!!!
wish you well in body,mind and spirit......
Have a joyful 2010!!!!!!!
rikae