Friday, December 18, 2009

First time published


I am Published.  I am so excited.  This is the first time I have ever sent anything in to be published and for them to put it in the gallery part I am simply thrilled.

As I look at those pages I see how far I have come in my journaling.  Though I am a bit unconventional (fantasy less writing) then most; I feel liberated.  I had made a goal to submit and be OK with the out come.  It was just a huge thing for me to put my art "out there" to be judged.  Now before you say no one is judging your work.  You would be wrong, it is being judged maybe not crueling but judged never the less.  I had to be OK with someone not liking it; someone liking it but thinking I needed to add more or do something another way.  That is the way art is.  When I look at art I judge it.  I am not thinking I like or dislike it; but I am looking at the techniques, the over all appeal or unappeal.  It is simply the truth.  I think that as you grow and mature you learn that being judged is and always will be part of life.  You need to realize that as long as there is no cruelty to it, it can be a good thing. 


These are the pages you will see in the the magazine.  I love each piece for different reasons.  I created them to express how I was feeling at that particular time.  They are happy pieces and I was experiencing happy things during this time. 

I use images more then words to express my feelings.  I am more comfortable in this.  I am expanding though.  I have recently completed a few pages that have words that come from me and not a quote. 

The Art Jounaling magazine will be out the first of January. 

Thank you to those of you who helped give me the courage to meet my goal.  Giving me the push and the honest apprasial of my work.  You know who you are and I love you very much. 

17 comments:

Elena said...

I can not even TELL you how proud of you I am!!!! You are amazing and I love you AND your art!!! Woo HOOO!!!!! You GO girl!

Paula Phillips said...

Congrats!!!!! That is so awesome! :)

Tammy Freiborg said...

Congratulations! I love this magazine, own the first two editions, and will now KNOW an artist in the third. I'm so happy for you!

inge said...

Hello Tracy,

congratulations on your publication ! It's awesome to see own work printed in such a good magazine !

greetings from belgium
Inge

LisaC said...

Congratulations Tracy! How exciting to be published... and by one of my favoritist magazines :-) I can't wait until the new issue comes out, I'll be looking for your work! All your work is beautiful!

Sarah Whitmire said...

A GIANT Congrats to you my dear!! :) You should be so proud of yourself!


*SOULHUGS*

Sarah

paperqueen said...

It is the best feeling in the world to feel your art has been accepted as print worthy. I know what you're saying about judging, but it still feels good, doesn't it, when the judging is in your favor.
Your work is beautiful and it should be published.
Here's to many more times in print!
Eileen

teri said...

Wonderful news, Tracy. Congratulations. :-)

I agree with you about presenting our work publicly; it is a bit like sending our children out into the world and knowing people will form their opinions based on criteria we can't control. I'll go purchase the magazine!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow! Congratulations to you, can't wait to see it! I am in it too but will have to wait a little longer for my copy to arrive in the UK so I haven't seen it yet(which is a bit frustrating). Will look forward to seeing your journal pages, they look fab :-)

Eileen W. said...

Congratulations!!! I am new to the SoulJournaling group on Yahoo, so this is my introduction to your work. It is beautiful and I often use imagery over words as well. Your reticence with putting your work out there to be judged is familiar- I can barely take a class at the Y- so I have a ways to go. You are brave and I will be running out to get the issue as soon as I can. :) KUDOS to you!!!

Lilly said...

Congratulations Tracy....you deserve this.
Im so proud of ya!!! Your just getting started......
Lill
xx

Denice said...

Tracy, It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the work which you've shown in the blog has been published. It is really great!

Sarah W said...

Awesome acheivement. Well done. Not sure if we get this one here in Oz, will have to find out.

Toni said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you - and I will be buying the magazine when I head to B&N tomorrow. Can't waitttttt to see it!
xoxo
-T

freebird said...

Congratulations. I have avoided anything competitive in the arts since a weaving was turned down by the Del Mar County Fair when I was 16. Now I am thinking maybe the teacher who turned it in for me didn't make the deadline as I don't know of a fair that rejects pieces. So I have let that incident color a whole lot of my life. Good for you to go for it and I am so happy it was a good experience for the first time around.

ART*ticulation said...

Thanks for cking out OUR blog, this blog is 5 artist group I formed my art only is on http://artticulation.blogspot.com/

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your first published artwork, Tracy!! Woo! Hoo!!!!!!! It's GORGEOUS as are the other pieces in your blog! Your "faces" are simply CHARMING!!!!