Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Hello

Well it is now 2010, can you believe it.  I think back and wonder how life can go by so fast.  So many changes have happened in the last year.  I don't know how it all happend.  Both good and bad.  I wonder what the new year will bring.  It is both frightening and exciting.  What direction will it take me?  What heartache will come?  What accomplishments or disappointments?  Who will I meet and will they bring joy or sorrow?  These are just some of the questions that are running through my head.   

As I sit here thinking of years past I realize I like myself more; I am more accepting of my failures, less judgemental of others.  Maybe it is the age factor.  You just grow up.  Or maybe it is simply I have less time to worry what others think of me.  No matter the reason I am finding I like and accept myself more as each year passes and that is a huge thing.

Many of my artist friends chose a word that will be a resolution of sorts for the coming year.  I have never done this before, but have decided to this year.  My word of the year is TRUTH.  Truth is something I think few of us are when it comes to ourselves.  It is a difficult thing to look in the mirror and be honest with yourself about our ugly parts.  I don't think anyone can improve themselves if they only accept their pretty parts.  We all have little ugly things about ourselves that we don't like and want to hide from the world.  But, I am finding none of us are all that interesting without those ugly parts.  It is what makes us interesting.  It is what makes us human.  Accept those parts of yourself, try to improve them but don't hide from them.

So for the coming year I am going to embrace my ugly parts, try to understand them; improve those that I can.  Those that I can't; well I am just going to accept that I am not perfect and I was never going to be.  Each day is another adventure and I will embrace it with all of it's joy and pain,but be truthful with myself on how each has and does effect me. 

I wish you all the joys in the coming year.

8 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Here's to the coming year of life in TRUTH! Strength and courage to embrace it all!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on being in Art Journaling! I too chose Truth! Onwards through this next new year!

freebird said...

That is a good way to go through the year. You are so right in how we are unique partly because of our "ugly" parts although quite often they are only ugly to us. Making the postive come out of them can only make you more comfortable with yourself and a comfortable person makes others comfortable too.

Jo Archer said...

Happy New Year Tracy. i hope it is a good one!

Quilt Knit said...

Congratulations on being published. Always so grand.

nanke's stuff said...

Congratulations - it must be a real thrill! Happy New Year! nancy

Cynthia said...

So beautifully expressed. Thank you.

ART*ticulation said...

Tracy Congratulations on being published for the first time. It is like no other feeling when that happens for the first time. I do predict this will happen again and again for you.
I had never seen your blog and this AM I sat down with my cup of joe and relished clicking through the pages of your blog. Your art is awesome and I love your style!