Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A beautiful view to wake up to























This is what I get to look at every morning when I go to train dogs in Stevenson, Wa.  Can you imagine anything better.  Yes, we are out in the woods by 6:30 a.m. it is a short drive of 15 minutes or so to see this. 

After a few minutes of looking at this we are off and running.  It is so beautiful and peaceful.  When ever my soul needs a little lifting nothing does it better then this place.  It reminds me of where I grew up in Lewiston, Idaho. 

Here is the boy who passed his test.  He had a rough start for his big day.  In the area we had set up for his test he put his nose into a wasp nest.  After about 10 minutes of making sure all the wasp were gone and all stingers were removed Eileen decided to do the test in another area that had been set up for my dog Murphy.  This was a pretty big thing for Eileen to do because that area had been set up  for Murphy (my dog) who has been certified for over 3 years.  We had that area set up with a pretty high degree of difficulty. 

Well Dante worked the area and correctly located and indicated on 3 sources in less then 15 minutes.  Pretty amazing little dog.  Here is the new certified dog team. 























Is he not just handsome?























Then after testing and training were completed for the day we sat on Karen's deck and enjoyed a nice cold beer and a dinner of ribs, corn on the cob and watermelon.  I cannot think of a better way to enjoy the evening.























I hope your weekend was inspirational and full of good times and friends.  I have found my passion for dog training and art have a lot of similarities. 

The one that stands out the most is how it has brought me one of the most amazing woman I have ever met.  She has become so important to me that I cannot image my life without her.  I am so very lucky to have Karen in my life and be able to call her my friend. 

Art has brought the other woman in my life that I feel blessed to have met and be able to call friend and that is Elena.  To be blessed with these two women who feed my soul and have made me a better person; is something I thank God for everyday.  I am a very luck woman.

I hope that your passion brings you the joys that mine have and continue to.  I believe that a passion should not only feed your soul but in some way make you a better person for those around you. 

Now go feed your passions.  Help them grow and may they bring wonderful people into your life.

1 comment:

dan @ stevenson, wa said...

Very nice indeed! Great post.