Monday, November 15, 2010

What have I been doing?

I found Lisa Bebi blog and fell in love with her technique of painting over magazine pictures.  I have the hardest time learning tones and this technique is awesome.  Not only do you learn your tones with paint, you almost always end up with an amazing piece of art. 

This particular face had many different shades of eye make up and her hair was up.  I painted over that and have added longer hair; slowly making her mine own. 

If you scroll through Lisa's older post I believe somewhere in October you will find a video she did showing her do this technique. 



















The next few photo's are of a portfolio that will house different background ideas from a round robin I am in. 
This is the front.  I used Webster pages, the closure is spinner and a metal tag "altered" by Tim Holtz.  I used various ribbons and rubons, the flowers are from Prima. 







This is the background. I created for my first contribution.
 

5 comments:

Elena said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Trac! I have to make some time to go check Ms. Bebi out! Your art has evolved so amazingly in the past couple of years! I am so proud to call you my friend.

lee said...

I will give this a try I am lousy at faces! Your work is wonderful!

freebird said...

Good job on the face! Your other pages are great too.

lynda Howells said...

Would have loved to have seen her "paintover" of mag pages...would was too late...how did she do it?x love your work. I am glad l have found your blogxlynda

Inge said...

Hello Tracy,

I've seen several of Lisa's work in magazines of stampington, but I have never tried it myself. You've done an extra-ordinary job with this page !!!
It looks awesome and it's hard to imagine you overpainted it.

It must have taken a lot of time to accomplish this painting.
Maybe I should take a look at her website : i have a magazineimage of a girl with an octopus and I would like to alter this for my sketchbookproject, but I didn't know how to begin !

I like your covers of your backgroundportfolio !

greetings from belgium
Inge