Monday, April 18, 2011

Mail art

Elena my friend and group Mom of several of my RR groups decided that the women of her groups needed to connect in a more intimate way.  So she created Mail Love.  Each of us sends someone something by snail mail every other day or so.  Something could be anything a post card with a quote just to let that person know she was being thought of.  Or if time permitted a small piece of art.  Nothing too time consuming; but thought full. 

I was not to keen on it at first.  I like most people I am crunched for time.  But, I said yes and away the  project went.  Well, I must say I am having more fun with this little project then I have with any of the others.  It is nice to go to the post office and find a little piece of sunshine along with the bills and other things that come in the mail.  I am sending a post card, but along the way I have made a couple things as well. 

Here are a couple of examples:






































If you have a minute, take some time to either create something.  If time is short find a post card write a wonderful quote or just say HI I am thinking of you to someone.  It is such a delightful surprise to find in the mail.  I also have to say so much more personal.  It has made me stop and realize I really do need to stop and smell the roses.  By doing that I can also remember I do have people who I care about and need to let them know.  I hope you take the time and rediscover snail mail as it has become known. 

1 comment:

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful creations for a wonderful reason!