Friday, August 12, 2011

For a special little girl

My family and I have very special friends who's granddaughter was just diagnosed with
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia   She is 5 years old.  I know every child is special and beautiful; with the lose of my nephew, I guess Lauren's illness has really turned my world upside down. I know personally the lose, pain and total lose of  control when you get this kind of news. 

Now, with the help of my Mom we have come up with an idea to help keep Lauren busy because she is confined to a wheel chair.  Paper dolls.  How great is that.  Mom remembered spending hours cutting out dolls and outfits for herself when she was Lauren's age. Lauren is a girly girly; from her love of anything pink, purple, sparkly to ribbons and bows. 

So, running with Mom's idea I created a folder to hold her doll's and outfit's before they are cut out.  Then a box that is pink, purple with flowers and beautiful saying on the top so she will have a place to put them once she has them all cut out.  That way they won't get lost or crumpled up.



Now, through the next couple of weeks; I will try and upload the next few projects I will be creating for Lauren to help keep her busy through her long stay at the hospital. 

The next project will be another pretty box but larger so it can hold her journaling supplies.  I think with all the confusion she must be going through that it would not only be fun but helpful for her to have a way to express herself through art.  It is so much easier to use art to express frustrations, frightening experiences and the joys in life. 

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers she is very precious and such joy to her family and friends.  Also take a minute to thank the dear Lord for the health of your little ones.  They are a gift and should be treated as such. 

No comments: