Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life is in session are you present?

I have decided to share a journey I am taking with you.  At the end of May I started a class by Melody Ross and her sister Kathy.  It is called Soul Restoration 2.  Better known as The Brave Girl Club.  I liked the idea of becoming a better me.  I don't know about you but I have found I have been floating through life.  Now, I am not saying I have not accomplished anything, done anything of merit.  I am saying I really have not been present.  No real long term goals that have to do with wishes, dreams.  Just kind of doing my every day thing.   
For example have you found that when you are talking to someone and there is a computer or you have your IPhone (smart phone) you spend time looking at one or the other instead of totally focusing on the person in front of you.  Another personal example I have talked about opening a small little etsy shop and sell some of my work, or teach some of the local ladies here in town.  Instead of working towards that goal I only talk about it, do nothing to move towards it.  It is a dream; why can't it, why is it not something I am doing?  Because I am floating, talking but doing nothing to move towards that particular dream. 

Those are only two things.  The list is long.  I set out to learn all about search and rescue using dogs.  I succeeded by certifying 2 dogs in two different disciplines; and I am still learning.  I am still moving forward with that goal.   So it's not as if I don't know how to set a goal and work towards it.  I also want to be a better sister, wife, daughter, aunt, friend to those I love.  I need to be present.  I don't think it was any one thing, or any bad hurtful thing.  I just got caught up with "I".  Habits started that were not nipped in the bud.  It's time to be present in my life.  To interact, to participate in my life with interest in all the little and big things.  Get rid of the "I". 

Melody has suggested not to do the class with the intention of showing your art journals to anyone.  That way you will not get so caught up with the art and then don't do the exercises.  But for me, I need to be held accountable to some degree so that I will do the prompts.  So, I am using you as my personal accountability guides.  I will show you something I have completed at least once a month maybe more.  It's time I take better care of the things that are important to me.  This blog is one of them.  I create stuff but do I put it here to share; NO.  Another thing I am floating not paying attention to as I should. 

Here is the first page of my life journal.  I really love it.  The tabs are exercises that I need to complete and journal in.




















 

















 









 



















This layout is basically about how I set road blocks up to sabotage my efforts.   The reasons why I should not allow myself to believe the lies that either I or other people tell me.  I need to be positive and move forward and allow that there will be set backs.  That is what life is about.  Getting up and dusting yourself off and starting again.

This is a wonderful class, though there is a ton of work and journaling (which is so not my thing).  But, I have signed up for the Soul Restoration 1 class.  I am behind in both, but that is OK, I have to say these two classes are a wonderful experience.  I highy recommend them both. 

7 comments:

Marjolein said...

I LOVE this Tracey, totally my style of backgrounds, great journaling and wow....talking about journaling, seems a pretty "heavy" thing this one, but sounds like fun too!

Love your blog!!

Lillian Mederak said...

Beautiful backgrounds Trac
you have so many gorgeous layers
Lillian
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

Peggy B said...

I absolutely love the coloring on your backgrounds!!!

Elena said...

I have seen your pages before and still love to see them. You are so talented my friend. This journey we are taking with SR has also touched my life as well and I am so happy to be sharing it with you. You have been a blessing in my life.

Kate P. said...

I love what you have written on your blog as well as your art, I can totally relate and am also very good at thinking about doing something and with the best of intentions, just very poor follow through. Perhaps we can help each other in Jane's class keep on track - if you don't see me post prod me :O) Thanks so much for sharing a little of yourself here, much appreciated.

Sherry Smyth said...

Hope you are enjoying the classes with Melody. I did Soul Restoration 1 when it first came out and found it to be extremely beneficial.

Bell Book and Candle Mixed Media Artist said...

Oh gosh, this sounds like me!!! Sigh