Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I have created this week

Well things have been a bit busy in my corner of the world.  I have been on several call outs with search and rescue and while on one of them my dog was injured.  He is quite the drama queen. 

He hit the side of his jaw so hard that it knocked a tooth almost out.  There was blood everywhere but I could not find an open wound so I wiped him up and after getting off the mountain put him away to rest.  Once I got home he still acted funny so called the vet to have him checked out.  Since he was there I also had them clean his teeth.  Good thing I did because that is how we found out about the tooth.  The tooth practically fell out I was told.  He got a shot and was sent home. 

This is how Murphy behaved once home.  He did not get to eat the first night; his life was over.  You would of thought he had major surgery or something.

































How pathetic is this?   This particular show was put on the next evening.  Don't let these pictures fool you.  Right before this he eat like he had been starved; then danced and jumped at me trying to talk me into taking him to either play ball or train.  When the answer was NO!!  He got on the couch and acted like this for about an hour.  Then proceeded to really increase the drama.  He added sound affects.  Lots, whimpering, huffing and so on.  Lord save me.  I finally gave the ship up and went to bed. 

Now onto what I was able to accomplish on the art front.  I did some inchies (which are not a fav) and am in a swap with tags.  The tags have to have fabric and include a Tim Holtz die cut or stamp. 








































This is only the start.  I believe I have over 50 to make.  But, will take my time and see what happens.



















This is the tag I created for the swap.  It has Tim Holtz bird cage.  I covered the tag with red
velvet and added lace that I colored using tattered angels.  It was fun to make.  But, not sure how I feel about the red velvet. 

I hope all of you are having a wonderful fall.  The holidays will be here before you know it.  I am already thinking of what I can make as Christmas gifts.  Best get busy; I cannot believe how fast everything is moving.  Have a great day; create something beautiful

9 comments:

Elena said...

Your inchies are fabulous Tracy!!! Between you and Teri I am feeling quite indept with the ones I did!!! Geez!!! Talk about over achievers!!

Your tag is gorgeous also. You can send that one to ME!! LOL!!!

teri said...

Wow tracy, all the detail you put into your inches and the tag are absolutely incredible. How do you DO it? Love love love them.

And about your little baby -- you're such a good mama, even though you pretend to be a hardass. I'm glad you found out about that tooth!

Lillian Mederak said...

no!!!!!! that tag is mine mine!!
fabulous Tracy....great art sweety
Murphy made me laugh
he is quite funny !!!
Lillian
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

Eileen said...

First of all, your inchies are not fabulous; they are waaaaay better than fabulous.
And I have no doubts about the red velvet. None whatsoever.
As for Murphy, well, some might say he just takes after his mama. I'm not saying I'D say that, but some might.....

Patzee said...

These inchies are amazing works of art! If someone mentioned a birdcage on a red velvet background, I would have thought of Elvis in Las Vegas. Tracy, your tag is stunning. As for Murphy, his drama deserves a hug, and a doggie treat when his tooth is better.

lee said...

OMG great inchies!
Lee

craftyM said...

WOW... wow... wow! The tag is gorgeous as are the inchies...mini works of art! I think we ALL want that tag now, you know!
Marita

Ally White Cat said...

I love your work it is wonderful and I hope murphy is ok

Marjie Kemper said...

Your tag is beautiful! What a great idea to place the lady coming out of the cage. And your dog sounds hilarious. Thanks for your nice comment via SA group!