Friday, October 11, 2013

10 year hero

This is Murphy.  He is chillin on my unmade bed.  Which is so deserves at least this one time; although it is a battle with me getting the bed made before he jumps on it.  But as usual I am rambling.  The point of this post is to do a bit of bragging on my very spoiled dog.  So please, bare with me.

Murphy retired from Search and Rescue last April.  He did a wonderful job and I was always very proud of his accomplishments.  But, I think on Tuesday of this month he really did me proud. 

Murphy has always been a very happy dog; although once he matured he did not have any interest in playing with other dogs.  He just avoided them.  He was (is) a working dog and this type of dog is more interested in the handler and the work they are to perform.  On this day he decided he had another job to do and that was to protect his groomer from a golden retriever who tried to attack her.  He backed the dog into a corner and kept him there until the owner could come and get him.  He did not bite the other dog just kept him away from Cindy. 

After the owner came to pick the dog up she confessed that the dog had bitten other groomers.  Shame on this women; notice I am not shaming the dog.  It is the responsibility of the owner to not only keep the dog safe but the people he is to interact with.  Be that as it may I just wanted to give a shout out to Murphy for being such a good dog.  He may be retired; but he still has it. 

Now to figure out how to keep him off my bed at least until it's made; that would be a step in the right direction. 

No comments: